Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Puppies!

My parents got a new puppy last week. He is about eight weeks old and weighs eight pounds. He is SO adorable (I know, I know, they all are). We got to meet him last weekend but it kills me that my parents live four hours away and thus I am not able to play with him constantly. I know too, that since he is destined to be a "big dog," his tiny puppy phase will not last long. My husband is SO lucky that other people get puppies often enough that I get my puppy-fix without bringing more home to live with us.

Without further ado, here is RD (like "Artie") the german shepherd:




And the puppy parade continues...

This is Mabel, my cousin's golden retriever. They got her last winter. She is a LOT bigger now but this is how big she was when we first met her. (our dog Griffin was infatuated with her, as you can see)




This is our Griffin. He just turned two last month, and actually turned into a huge guy (for a corgi). He was the runt of the litter and now weighs almost 40 pounds. And geez was he ever cute.






And now the finale - Morgan! She is now five and has some major 'tude. We love her to pieces anyhow but good lord she was adorable. To paraphrase South Park, Griffin was "cute!" but Morgan was "super cute!"






*Disclaimer: As much as I LOVE puppies, I strongly encourage everyone to consider adopting all those adult dogs out there looking for homes. My family has adopted many wonderful adult dogs, both purebred and mixed breed, and they are just as wonderful as all of these puppies. :)

1 comment:

  1. How adorable! RD is such a sweetheart and looks exactly like Madison when she was little. You are SO right about how quick they grow! All of the pictures are so cute!!

    But, I also recommend adopting adult dogs! Those poor pups need a home too :) They are ever so appreciative when you do!

    ReplyDelete