Tuesday, January 19, 2010

New Leaf

Every new year, my resolutions tend to revolve around living a better life. Fitter, happier, more productive. Recently, I've realized that a lot of the time I spend online does not help me reach those ideals. So many people use the internet as a negativity tool. A tool to leave cruel comments, a tool to talk about everything that is wrong in the world, and for many, many personal bloggers, a place to vent and complain.

Don't get me wrong, I realize that it is partially great that people have a space where they can share the things they wouldn't share otherwise. I've used a blog for that purpose myself, and it felt good to get it out. But it made me realize how much I wish I could learn to focus more on the positive.

So that's what I'm doing. If positivity is a muscle, I'm going to start working it out. I plan to use this blog as a place to share the things I love - the people, creatures, music, food, technology and randomness that remind me how lucky I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment