Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sweatpants

I've been putting off writing about my first "thing" because I got caught up in the idea that the first post would have to somehow represent what I stand for, like the first thing will define me for the rest of eternity. Then I realized that's stupid. And that I love new sweatpants.

The funny thing about this is that I did not wear sweatpants for 15 years. Seriously. I blame this on two things: (1) People who wear sweatpants in public, and (2) Tapered-leg sweatpants giving all other sweatpants a bad rap. Then a friend introduced me to the "boyfriend" sweat at Victoria's Secret and I've been a huge fan ever since. (I don't buy anything else at VS and I find it amusing that the only thing I buy there is pretty much the opposite of sexy).

So now I'm a convert. I especially love them when they are new, and ridiculously soft (I am the same way with sweatshirts, it's sad how long I put off washing them the first time). I also love that, unlike the warm-up pants I used to sleep in, they do not attract dog hair from two feet away. We have two dogs so this is a huge positive for me when it comes to clothing I wear around the house. And finally, I'm in law school and am often stuck wearing suits and other things that are at a minimum, less than comfy. There is just nothing more comforting than putting on sweatpants after a long day spent "dressed up" out in the real world.

I realize there is no way that sweatpants will now define me. Because that would be stupid. But I figure this is good motivation to write about more important things later. :)




1 comment:

  1. oh, god, how I love sweatpants. I'm glad to help you discover the boyfriend sweat and I promise to keep you posted should I discover any equally awesome sweatpants in the future!

    ReplyDelete